It’s finally here! The journey where you will decide to become a disciple for Christ. What an important adventure for you, an adventure that shouldn’t be taken lightly. The requirements for Confirmation shouldn’t be looked at as “have-to’s: but as “want to’s”. Think about it this way, you wouldn’t take off on a long journey without a direction in mind, some money in your pockets, food, water and a couple of changes of clothing, would you? Well, that is what the requirements are for Confirmation are about, preparing you for your faith journey and making sure you have the proper stuff in place to have the time of your life!
So what do you need for this journey?
- Plan ahead! The Diocese requires confirmands be involved in Youth Group for 2 years.
- First year: register for Youth Group and participate regularly
- Second year: register for Youth Group and Confirmation, Participate regularly in Youth Group. After December participate in Youth Group and Confirmation
- Attend all Confirmation classes January-May
- Choose a sponsor: must be a confirmed Catholic in good standing
- Complete 6 hours of service
- Attend a retreat
For more information on Confirmation: